Aviva South Family Visit Center

 

In January 2017, we celebrated the grand opening of Aviva South Family Visit Center. Our commitment to helping family reunify led us to the decision to establish a second facility in Pima County.  This Visit Center will provide more families in dependency the opportunity to hold their court- mandated visits in a safe, neutral and child-friendly environment.  The 7,500 sq. ft. building is located at 821 E. 47th Street, ideally positioned to serve the needs of south side families and DCS units.

 The American Society of Interior Design - Arizona South Chapter helped transform the industrial building into a welcoming and fun-filled space to  host supervised visits.  Close to 80% of the building is dedicated to visit supervision and the remaining 20% to administrative offices.  The center fosters an environment truly suited to the needs of the families we serve.  Families can meet in the privacy of their own casita (visit rooms) or make use of the various common areas.  The center resembles one of Tucson’s colorful barrios with nine charming casitas lining the sides of the indoor boulevard named Avenida Aviva.  It also features an indoor playground, dining and activity area, and a game room for families to enjoy.  The administrative area is comprised of four offices and a small conference room, and houses our Parent Support Program.

Like our midtown visit center, this center is filled with many amenities to encourage positive family interactions conducive to reunification.  Beyond serving Aviva’s needs, the center is available for use by other agencies with comparable mission.